View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 09:35 PM   #10
Valdieron
Valdieron can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Valdieron can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Valdieron can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Valdieron can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Valdieron can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Valdieron can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Valdieron can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Valdieron can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Valdieron can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Valdieron can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Valdieron can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle
The plot thickens...

This from the Smashwords conditions...

Royalties - In most cases, authors and publishers receive 85% of the proceeds to Smashwords and Smashwords will receive 15%. Since retailers typically take a big chunk of sales, often 50% of the list price (and we have little control over this), your net may equal approximately 42% of your list price. So, if you set the price of your book at $10.00, you'll receive about $4.20 from each sale from some retailers.

So if I was to set my book at $3 on smashwords, I would receive approx $1.26 from each sale. I would also have to set my book at $2.40 on amazon, from which I would receive about $1.60 (with the download charge) for US Sales, and $0.64 per copy for foreign sales.

Not that I am overly concerned with the price, it's not like I am looking to make a fortune out of it. Predominantly I would be looking at building a fan base and attracting the attention of other publishers etc.
Valdieron is offline   Reply With Quote