View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 09:43 PM   #1
Stonecold
Connoisseur
Stonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 3 (B006)
Unhappy Help! Problem with the USB Network hack!

I need help. I have a Kindle 3 (B006). I installed the USB Network hack for my Kindle 3 today. Everything installed perfectly and I turned on "~usbNetwork" in debug mode. I connected my Kindle to my computer, but it still showed up as an external drive. I looked through the "usbnet" folder that the hack created. I went into the "src" sub-folder and found a file called "config" or something. I opened it with a program called "Notepad++" and found that there was a message in the "config" file. It said to modify the variables to fit my computer and device's configuration. There were two variables that it allowed me to change (both of them were currently "false"). I changed to top one to "true", as my Kindle has Wi-Fi and it said to change that variable only if my Kindle had Wi-Fi. I ejected and unplugged my Kindle and restarted it. I turned on "~usbNetwork" again and connected it to my computer. The computer detected it as an ethernet device and asked me to insall the software. Obviously, there was no disk with any software to install. I gave up and decided to un-install the hack. I used "~usbNetwork" again to turn the function off, and plugged my Kindle back into my computer. My Kindle's screen didn't show the picture of the USB plug, and "autoplay" didn't open. I checked my computer and it said a device was found (it was "D:"). I clicked on it so I could put in the un-installer package to remove the hack from my Kindle but a message popped up on my computer that said "Please insert device into drive D:" even though my Kindle was plugged in. My computer won't recognize the Kindle so I can't uninstall the hack! Does anyone know how to remove the hack (or at least the "usbnet" folder that it created) with my Kindle's GUI or force my computer to connect to my Kindle? Here are the hacks I have on my Kindle:

-The Screensaver hack
-The confusing USB Network hack

I NEED HELP!!!
Stonecold is offline   Reply With Quote