View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 07:42 PM   #106
lilman
Addict
lilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle DX, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbob001 View Post
It seems like there are some strange bugs when the output is set to GIF. And some minor bugs with landscape pages when border=true and rotate=false.

The following chart may help explain what is happening (I need to use my free time more wisely :

The input are a portrait and a landscape page from the web comic Octopus Pie. If you want to see the actual input and output images and properties files, see the attached zip.

It looks like some sort of extra black border is being applied to the GIF images to cause them to be bigger than the target size.

Another major thing is that the created GIFs are unreadable on my Kindle but are okay on my PC. When I simply ran "convert.exe 0000.png 0000.gif", that gif views fine on the Kindle so it must be some extra steps in Canti causing the problem. Progressive gif?
Holy thorough testing batbob, nicely done! I will look into what's going on with .gif's tomorrow.

-Update-
badbob, going through the amazing test case you uploaded, it looks like the output .gif images are the correct size. What program are you using to get the width and height stats of the images? Both my linux standard image viewer ("Eye of Gnome") and ImageMagick (identify -format [%w or %h] [filename]) are reporting size information different from your chart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbob001 View Post
Another thing is that the generated xxxxx.manga_save file always specifies the filename extension as .PNG, despite the output in canti set for .JPG or .GIF. Is this expected? It seems to cause a strange bug on the Kindle where trying to view the gif makes it show the last screen saver image. Buffer overflow?
I haven't touched the Kindle bookmark code in ages, but this is probably an easy fix.

-Update-
Fixed the Kindle bookmark code, it was a silly mistake that has probably been broken for a long time. I don't read manga on my KDX anymore so I never would have caught this. Thanks, the fix will be included in the next update.

Last edited by lilman; 10-16-2010 at 11:10 AM.
lilman is offline   Reply With Quote