View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 05:47 AM   #4
grizedale
NEXUS 7
grizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toys

Device: NEXUS 7 & PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendywu View Post
Why are Amazon ebooks so much pricier in the UK than the US? It seems to me that books priced $5 in the US are about 5 in the UK. This totally sucks. I have a US account but my Kindle is linked to my UK account and I can't download Amazon US books to it. I get re-directed to the vastly more expensive UK edition.

I think this is more of a rant than a question - there's damn all anyone can do about it.....
Not always, there is a huge debate in the US re Ken Follett's Fall of Giants, $19.99 over there and, currently 9 over here, although it this changes here, it was 7.50 2 days ago. It is all in the hands of the publishers, nothing to do with Amazon...

Also, be aware that, amazon.com knows which country you are viewing from, so the price you see is not ncessarily the US price, again, looking at Ken Follett, the price you see from the UK is $14.28, the price they see in the US is $19.98 so, even if you managed to get an address in the US and fool them into thinking you live there, you would then pay the higher price...

Also, check this letter on the Amazon.co.uk site to all customers re potential price rises

http://www.amazon.co.uk/tag/kindle/f...TxDO7PSRZ3YTZD

Last edited by grizedale; 10-15-2010 at 06:28 AM. Reason: Spelling...
grizedale is offline   Reply With Quote