View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 10:28 PM   #5
SteveEisenberg
Wizard
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G
Great job kinstant. kinstant.com is a keeper.

Now that 3.0.2 gives the K3 bearable browser speed, the key to usefulness is information, which you provide.

I just tried your news links and liked what I saw with the New York Times, BBC, and Time. The CNN link provided did not allow clean pages with large fonts, and once froze up on me. The question then becomes if there is any alternate url, direct or indirect, for this site. So I tried going to:

google.com/gwt/n

and putting in m.cnn.com with images suppressed. I ran into a Google error message there with a story. Then I tried using the google.com/gwt/n service again, but all I put in the web site block was:

cnn.com

This seemed to be the charm, and I now have a CNN bookmark on my K3 that works well. Further testing is welcome.

One question comes to mind: What is the url for my good CNN bookmark? I don't know because I don't know how to determine the url behind a K3 bookmark when the url was created by navigation. However, and this could be slightly different on the K3, here is the K3-friendly url I get when using the same process on my PC with the chrome browser:

http://google.com/gwt/x?u=cnn.com&no...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Here's another K3-friendly url I have bookmarked that you could add:

mobile.twp.com

This gives good access to the Washington Post.

I leave it to someone else to seriously compare this free access with paying $11.99 a month to Amazon for the Washington Post Kindle Edition. However, in case anyone from Amazon and/or the Washington Post is reading, here is my message: The internet has gotten me spoiled to the point where I expect my news to be up to the minute. The days when I would, in the Philadelphia train station, pay $1.25 for a twelve hour old Washington Post are gone. Forever. With no going back. If you want me to consider paying for the paper again, you need to not just be complete and perfectly formatted, but also to be up-to-the-minute. Until then, kinstant.com is my preference.

Last edited by SteveEisenberg; 10-14-2010 at 10:34 PM.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote