View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 05:42 PM   #17
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
I am not sure if the flavor of Linux Kobo uses is compatible with FAT32. Maybe one of the Linux gurus here can tell us a bit about that.
Well given the internal memory and SD cards are formatted for FAT16/32 which the Kobo reads your ebooks from it most certainly is supported. I suspect the ROM?? in the Kobo used to perform the firmware update doesn't have FAT16/32 support compiled in to save on space, or maybe it is overlooked. Then again, as the internal memory is FAT and doing the update through the desktop app succeeds.....

I guess that end of the day Kobo didn't anticipate people wanting to perform the firmware update themselves via SD card (or needed to) and opted for a more user friendly approach and having it "automated" through the desktop app.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote