View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 12:04 PM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by niceboy View Post
I have been reading ebooks for a year on an iTouch G2 and am now in the fantasy phase as I await the delivery of my Kindle 3. In the last year I have never searched a book so since I have read that it can take hours for Kindle to index books I am curious if indexing can be disabled? I really can't imagine using the search function for reading fiction.
It only takes hours if you put a large number of books on the Kindle at one time. If that is something you plan/want to do, just add them before you go to bed, make sure the Kindle is plugged into wall power and go to sleep. When you wake up in the morning, indexing should be complete (if you don't put more than a couple of hundred books on the night before).
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote