View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 09:59 AM   #1
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
is it possible to remove ( from epub)...

leftover headers / footers with these alternating formats;

nn title
chapter-title nn

where nn is a 2 digit number, which maybe becomes 3 digits later on ?

i.e. original book would have had page number + book title on alternate pages, with chapter title +page number on the other pages.

not practical to do this via./rtf & word because of the ever changing actual page number

can it be done via regex & do I need to go into & back out of some other format en route. if so, what's a suitable syntax please

it seems to be quite a common left-over in books that have been though other conversion before I found them.

just removing title nn would be a start, if the varying chapter names are too difficult to automate.

I want to end up with mobi, I only have epub source. the default structure detection / header removal does not seem to shift this stuff ?

2 samples follow - where Mexico is book title &" the Spaniard" is a chapter title., & 32, 33 are page numbers:

nb these will often appear mid sentence, depending where the original page break occurred.
:
.......will be most happy to accept,' the girl's mother quickly replied,
32 Mexico
having no intention of leaving her daughter alone with any man ...

.....fight of the second matador.
The Spaniard 33
Dofia Raquel slapped her son's hand sharply and said, 'No ....
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote