View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 11:15 PM   #110
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Sony Reader PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
So, in Canada -- $149 Kobo WiFi vs $249 Sony PRS-650 touch screen? $100 is a lot extra to pay just to swipe the screen for page turns and trade off the benefits of connectedness.
Although the price differences can be boggling, to be fair, there's more than just touchscreens to set the new Sony models apart from the Kobo, and which are some of the reasons I decided to buy the new 350. That said, if the reviews are favourable, I won't hesitate to recommend the Kobo WiFi to my less techy family and friends who won't care for fancier features.

I like Kobo's vision and would like to see them succeed. I do believe the lowered prices of the K3 and the Nook were in response to the original Kobo's launch, and if quite frankly, if Kobo becomes a viable competitor in lessening Amazon's current monopoly on the market, especially in non-US countries, I'd be very glad indeed.
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote