View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 04:01 PM   #31
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
About Virginia Woolf:
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
See bolding above...me too! That is, I loved it, a favourite, and also thoroughly enjoyed the television adaptation I saw of it too...can't rememeber the details of who starred in it, but it was great. I'm somewhat disappointed to hear you hate her fiction, only because I've been meaning for a long time to try it.
Marc, YMMV. I have a friend who loves her fiction. For me, I get bored when there's a lot of long emotive passages. I hate a lot of popular literary authors (Toni Morrison springs to mind).

If you like literary fiction, you might really like her fiction.

On another note, I *have* read Strunk & White from beginning to end, several times. But it sounds crazy when I say that.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote