View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 10:03 AM   #12
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar333 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I recall someone, probably Valloric saying that the performance of Qt WebKit on OS X is very poor (Qt WebKit is the html rendering engine the viewer uses).
I am not aware of Qt (Qt=Quicktime?) Webkit but the "OSX Webkit" is the basis for all HTML rendering with Safari and other Browsers (like OmniWeb) This is absolutely fine on my system. However does Calibre uses its own webkit enginge and not using the Safari version? That might be an explanaition.
I guess Kovid's response that I put in bold above slipped pass your attention the first time you read it. Qt WebKit is an open source web browser engine.

Quote:
I also dont have problems with a slow start, its mostly the epuB viewer which takes 20-30 seconds to render a page...
ldolse and Kovid already explained this as QT Webkit being horrible on OS X, which interprets to if you continue to use calibre's viewer this is something you'll have to live with.

Quote:
Adobe DE as alternative? Maybe, but there is the hazzle with registration and potential Adobe spyware...
Only you can weigh the pros and cons of switching to another epub viewer.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote