View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 08:38 PM   #1
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Calibre making unwanted chapter breaks

Using sigil, I added a design graphic (jpeg) to the beginning of each chapter in a book, before the chapter headers designated as h1.

On conversion, Calibre keeps splitting the chapters right before the h1 header and after the jpeg image. I've done the following to no avail:

1) In conversion settings, I set pagebreak to "none," checked do not add detected chapters, and put "/" in the Detect chapters field.

2) I double checked the stylesheet and took out all instances of page-break-before and page-break-after instructions.

There is another graphic in the book on the copyright page -- the publisher's logo -- with the same markup instructions as the chapter images and that page doesn't get split up, so I assume it is the h1 designations in the chapter headings that Calibre is insisting on reading and making a page break on.

Is this a bug? Or is there something I'm missing?
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote