View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 05:37 PM   #13
M T McGuire
Addict
M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by bthrowsnaill View Post
For me the ecstatic moment is the moment of creation when I imagine a new scene and it just feels right. I usually get fragments (sequences of words) of dialogue or description in these moments. I'm usually listening to music and it is a real high. Interestingly, the writing is not always such an intense high for me - especially if I'm fleshing out notes from one of these creative moments. Sometimes the creation and the writing can happen at the same time. But more often than not I'm in the car during these creative moments, so the writing comes afterwards.
Had one of these moments this morning. Driving too fast in the rain while listening to Gary Numan's "Cars". The synth line in that song always enraptures me.
OK, strike my rather glib (but true) reply earlier. I had to comment again because Cars does it for me too (not forgetting Our Friends Electric). Again and again it's music that inspires me. Does anyone else find that?

Do you listen, drift off, imagine stuff and write down the pictures or is it just me? When I worked I 'wrote' most of my stuff in the car using a dictaphone! And yeh, it is true that when you get something right it's like flying. I've finished writing my first novel recently and I look at it now and can't quite belive I wrote it. So I guess it's when I read something I've written and think, hang on, did I write that? Only, it's quite good... That's when I get a kick.

Cheers

MTM
M T McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote