Thread: Ebook Pricing
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 01:04 AM   #9
J. Strnad
Guru
J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3, Paperwhite
Quote:
They can stick those prices up their arse!
Hear, hear!

That response from Borders is exactly why I think they are doomed.

Borders offers the Kobo reader, which I believe is a fine device. I want them to succeed, really. But dang...they just don't seem to get it. I don't see Borders surviving unless they guillotine everybody at the head of the company.

Who in their right mind would formulate such a response as that you cited? It doesn't even sound as if a living person had a hand in writing it!

Rather than obfuscating the issue, Borders should say, "Publishers are still trying to deal with the advent of the ebook, and sometimes strange things happen with the pricing. Hopefully the ebook price will soon be adjusted downwards." Or somesuch. They need to learn that in this day and age, they have to communicate straight with people or they needn't bother.

Honestly, though it saddens me, I think that Borders is on the downward spiral, and that current management is constitutionally unable to save this sinking ship.
J. Strnad is offline   Reply With Quote