View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 09:38 PM   #2
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
EB-1150 and Winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
After looking over all of the current readers I think there is still life in the eb1150 device from ebookwise. For one thing it is half the price of all of the newer ones and for another there is nothing more intuitive than a touch screen. I have decided to generate a wish list for features I would like to see in this unit. You can access my wishlist and information on this device at http://users.cwnet.com/dalede/eb1150.html

Please let me know what you think and if you have any more ideas let me know and I will update the list. Hopefully eBook Technologies will decide that there is still a market for LCD screens. I think there are too many missing features in some of the other devices.

Dale
I followed this thread for a couple of months. In the end it led me to get an eBookWise 1150. You are right about the LED screen. Maybe they need to know why their product is better than even ETI may realize.

I already had a Sony PRS500. It's good and I'm not going to get rid of it, but I have trouble reading it. Granted, my eyes are old. I read somewhere that your eyes need ten times more light to read at 60 than you needed when you were 6. As winter settles on us in the northern tier where I live, there is less daylight and what we get is dimmer every day.

Your thread reminded me of my old Pocket PC. When I got I didn't know what it would do and I'd never heard about eBooks, but in the end, reading eBooks was the only thing I used it for--except the screen was too small for practical reading.

To get to the point, now that I have my EB-1150 I keep finding more and more I like about it. The layout is more logical and easier to use than the PRS500, but in the end, I can read the screen in any light I find myself in, especially in the winter. I like it much better than the eInk device. I hope they keep making it.

My only worry is that ETI might not support the new OEBPS 2.0 standard on this "old" device. It would be nice if we could replace the battery or at least have someplace to send it to be replaced, although maybe that is already available--the manual says to take it to a "qualified" service repairman--can you mail it to ETI? And if they keep making it, they will really have to support a memory card that's still manufactured. But even without all that, it's still the best eBook reader I've found! Someone should tell ETI before they stop making it.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote