View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 12:35 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1, KTSO, KFHD7, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mervpaine View Post
Hi,

I received my Kindle 3 this morning (I'm french, living in France) and (I have no clue why ...) I've decided to set a password which is asked each time you want to use the Kindle.

The thing is the password I thought was the good one does'nt work. I called Kindle customer services but the only thing they managed to change is my amazon account password ... I've tried a hard reset by holding the power switch for 15seconds but the Kindle keeps on asking a password ...

I have no idea what to do right now ...

So for ING !
Here's some info from the on line help file for Kindle 3:

Quote:
Remember to use the shift button for uppercase letters, and use the Symbol key to insert numbers and other characters. If you cannot remember the password for your Kindle, you can reset your password to regain access. Resetting your password will delete all content on your Kindle and you'll need to register your Kindle again from the Settings screen before downloading items from your Kindle Library on Amazon.com.

To reset your Kindle if you don't have the password:

1. Slide and release the power switch on the top of Kindle to turn on the device or exit sleep mode.
2. Enter "resetmykindle" in the password field and press the enter key on the key pad.
3. Wait several minutes while your Kindle restarts.

Contact us if you continue to experience problems.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote