Thread: Accessories Wall charger alternative
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 09:37 AM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearfarmer View Post
Hi All

First post for me. New K3 owner, very happy. Didn't order the wall wart as I thought charging through the computer would be fine. However, I am going on a trip next week and thought I might take a backup. My Samsung camera uses a USB wall wart type charger which would also fit the kindle usb cable.
Specs are

samsung wall wart output: 4.4vdc 400mA

Kindle 3 specs: 5vdc 850mA

Will this work ok, or is the current mismatch significant?

Many thanks
Welcome to MobileRead, gearfarmer!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote