View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 08:47 PM   #9
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
Actually, 'unknown' authors sometimes gain by small press projection. The bigger houses offer little to newcomers and mid-listers, Steve. Neil
Oh, exactly. It's like I said above, if you're not a big lister, good luck getting much, if any marketing from the big presses. If you really look at the big picture, and take into account all the facts, including what Valmore Daniels said, unless you're a big name author, there's really no value in going with one of the big houses. (I mean big 'officially', not 'in your own mind' as some authors are. lol. ) Now if you're a big name author, you're better to go with the big houses. For everyone else, I'd say that small is better.
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote