View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 10:18 PM   #27
JoeC
Addict
JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and 3, Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If you do the LIT conversion, you end up with a book that DOES NOT HAVE DRM. Plus lit2lrf is fast and easy to use. I can convert a LIT in less then 5 min after downloading it.
I agree that LIT conversion is easy but I still find it to be a pain. I find using Mobipocket I don't have to go through the hassle of being the book coversion geek for my family. (They can read books easily enough on their reader but conversion is out of their league).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What is so hard with the Sony? The Sony you don't actually need Ebook Library. The 505 is seen as a mass storage device and if you don't use Collections, you can just move the books on and off.
My mistake about moving files so easily to the 505. I didn't know that. I assumed it was the same as the 500. I was reading from the SD card on the 505.

Don't get me wrong, the Sony 505 is a beautiful piece of hardware. If it had Mobipocket support and dictionary look up I would never have considered the Cybook. I am selling the 505 to a friend but I'm having second thoughts...
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote