View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 11:55 PM   #15
Viseguy
Just a kid from Bklyn
Viseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi; Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
The PogoPlug shows up as a working drive on any computer I use to sign-in to it (not a folder like DropBox in the My Documents folder). [...]

Go to the Tekzilla.com website. Tekzilla did a piece on the PogoPlug a few months ago which convinced me to buy one.
Thanks. I watched the Tekzilla video. They mention that it does file-syncing on "selected folders"; I'm guessing that if I "selected" my Dropbox folder that it would sync it on the mass storage device connected to the Pogoplug. Anyway, for $45, I figured what could I lose? I ordered one.

BTW, you can make your Dropbox folder show up as a drive in Windows. Click Start > All Programs; then right-click on Startup and click Open. Create a shortcut in the Startup folder with the following command (edit the drive letter as desired and edit the path to "My Dropbox" as necessary):

subst X: "C:\My Dropbox"

After you restart your computer (and every time you boot up), the Dropbox folder will show up as drive X:. This is really handy if you have a Dropbox folder on multiple computers with different drive and path configurations. The Dropbox is always drive X:.
Viseguy is offline   Reply With Quote