Thread: Metadata
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 08:20 AM   #2
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2, Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray View Post
Which program is best for editing metadata in an existing epub without changing it otherwise? Can the new Calibre explode feature do this, or will it slice/dice and add other information? I know I can do this by hand (and have). I'm just looking for the lazy man's way

I sometimes come across epub files that need the metadata tweaked a bit. This is much more common with PDF files, but I have programs to edit their metadata.

Joe
AFAIK
Tweak-EPUB just Explodes and re-assembles.
You have to to the rest of the damage (or not)
be sure to use a TEXT editor like Notepad(++) and not a Word processor, that might insert incorrect stuff into the file.
The current Sigil (2.x) has the nasty habit of destroying the current NCX and re-building it from headers, which may not work for your source.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote