View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 02:18 PM   #13
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRiver Story, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by samac View Post
The fact that iriver use an open source base means that if they ever decide to discontinue support then I will be able to change the system on it fairly easily. This is also a bonus.
Ah, I wish I had your coding skills! I have no expertise in that realm at all - still fumbling around with CSS at a slow rate of advancement. If I could pull the OS apart and knew what I was doing, there are a couple of small changes I'd make pretty much immediately!

(Stuff like making menu lines wrap at word breaks and give a second line to book titles, or even just increasing the number of characters I can put in the device name at the top of the menu screen - it doesn't let me have even enough characters to spell my surname!)

[Edited to add:]
Does the Kindle not play mp3 files? I rather assumed it would, though I realise it doesn't support as many formats as iRiver and isn't expandable in terms of its memory.

Last edited by MacEachaidh; 09-30-2010 at 02:22 PM.
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote