View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 05:56 AM   #1
GraceKrispy
Rollin' with the punches
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, droid x, sad damaged 505
How do you read your fiction?

I recently wrote a review of a story I thought was interesting and had some great qualities, but about which, ultimately, I was less than completely enthusiastic.

I've been thinking about that review a lot in the past several days because I felt there was quality in the writing, but I couldn't get myself totally behind it. In my original review, and in my "edited" addition, I noted that I think the main reason is that I couldn't immerse myself into the story because too much was given to me. I felt a bit like I was reading an interesting history of an adventure rather than something where I was actively engaged in making inferences and trying to predict outcomes.

So my question to you is: Do you need to engage in the story and feel a part of it to fully enjoy it? And what does that engagement look like for you? Or is reading an interesting and detailed accounting of a story enough for you to fully enjoy it?
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote