View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 05:47 PM   #1
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
Few epubs have toc

That's a subjective conclusion. I keep noticing a message saying something like "This book does not have a table of contents."

Now since some at least of the books for which this comes up have a page listing all the chapters, I assume that a toc in the sense of the error message is something other than a list of chapters, maybe a way to jump quickly to a given chapter, like the clickable page numbers in some pdfs.

So what's the received wisdom? Should one put in a toc in an epub?

Now I'll post this and probably find that six other people have asked the same question, although I couldn't find it with the search function. <sigh>
James_Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote