View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 01:41 PM   #7
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRiver Story, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Ouch!!

Mind you, I'm not too surprised, if only because I understand that the screen is the most expensive single component of any e.reader device.

I'm not dismissing what you're saying, but I think you'd be in a similar position with a Kindle, and at a similar cost - the purchase price of the Kindle is subsidised by Amazon as a loss leader to lock people into buying their books from the Kindle store. I would expect repair components for a Kindle wouldn't get the same kind of subsidy, so you'd be back to full costs for the replacement.
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote