View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 04:31 AM   #1
Shadowman123
Shadowman123 doesn't litterShadowman123 doesn't litter

Device: prs-300
Hello to All (and a question)

Hello all from a new (and excited) member,

After using this fantastic programm for appr. 3 weeks I have finally decided to join your forum after just browsing through the entries (and learning alot!!).
I have installed calibre on a usb drive (portable!) and it works great.
After some trial and error I have also added appr. 5000 books from various sources and in various formats and am in the process of "cleaning up" since a lot of the books I added are not in my prefered order.
I like AuthorLastname, AuthorFirstname and have adjusted everything so that it shows this order in the Authorlist on the left and in the main Booklist.
Btw I don't mind this clean-up since it gives me a chance to browse all my books and find some that I forgot I had.

My main problem was the "regular expressions" but after browsing the forum I found some good tips and new books will be added with the "correct" regular expressions.
This is where my question comes in:
At the moment I have a .txt file in which I have pasted some regular expresions for different sets of books. Since some of the files I have are in the format: "authorname - title.ext" and others "title - series - author.ext" (and a bunch of other variations). I insert these when I add certain batches of books.
And now the question: would it be possible to save and recall these regular expressions in the Preferences Dialog. Maybe in some sort of Dropdown list.
Or does somebody have a better idea? Or am I doing something wrong with these expressions?
(Ooops thats 3 questions)

Anyway, I'm really glad I found this programm and I'm looking forward to finally getting my collection in order.

Thank you for all your hard work.

Shadowman123
Shadowman123 is offline   Reply With Quote