View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 09:24 PM   #5
EricDP
Groupie
EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, BlackBerry
This looks excellent, thank you! I love the formatting overall but have a couple suggestions:
  1. On some readers (like my nook), if there are no margins defined it defaults to 0, so the text actually touches the black bezel and can be difficult to read. This can also cause the text to overlap the ADE page numbers on the right on some readers. I really don't like the giant margins that some books have, but a small margin is necessary in my opinion
  2. The chapter headers are specified as 3em from the top of the page. If the reader selects a very large font, combined with the large header font, this can push the header almost to the bottom. I suggest something that is relative to the page size, like 20% instead.

I've attached an updated style sheet which takes care of both, for your consideration.

(My style also has "text-align: justify", which is my preference, but you can take it out if you don't like that - my local copy already has this now so I'm happy! )

p.s. I used your embedded font code to embed a font in my version of "Little Women" - something I couldn't figure out. Thanks for that too!
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work..

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip style.zip (1.4 KB, 128 views)
EricDP is offline   Reply With Quote