Thread: Pay to preview?
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 12:09 PM   #7
WT Sharpe
Grand Muckity-Muck
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Air, iPod Nano. Other devices gathering dust.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post
I would argue that the author's inference is incorrect and alarmist. The patent filing, as noted, was from 2004 and I don't see any evidence in the article that lends any credence to any plans to charge for previews or to "Search Inside the Book" (as stated in the article title).
That's what I think. The filing of a patent could have other implications. I can't imagine why Amazon would want to drastically change a system that has proved so profitable to them.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote