View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 09:25 AM   #6
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvynadam View Post
I don't "send books to device". I manually copy them to the SD card which I use in my Palm. I'm using Calibre for conversion and also to organize and present (to myself) my collection of 200+ ebooks in the most helpful and usable way.

Are you saying that whenever I edit metadata all of the formats of a book are automatically updated?
If you "manually copy" directly out of the Calibre library, then you won't get updated metadata. Calibre is designed to use "Save to Disk" for this job. If you use that, it will update the metadata before the save. "No," all formats in the library are not updated when metadata is changed. None are updated inside the library, but metadata is updated when using any of the methods Calibre provides to export book formats out of the library.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote