Thread: Pay to preview?
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 09:14 AM   #5
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1/2/3/4/PW2, Droid Maxx, Galaxy Tab Pro (12.2")
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
It strikes me as so bizarre that quite frankly I wonder if the article's author even has her facts right or, if she does, is she drawing the correct conclusions from those facts?
I would argue that the author's inference is incorrect and alarmist. The patent filing, as noted, was from 2004 and I don't see any evidence in the article that lends any credence to any plans to charge for previews or to "Search Inside the Book" (as stated in the article title).
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote