View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 05:01 AM   #9
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2, iPad, KindleFire and NookColor
As a follow-up...it appears that the author in question had exported RTF from InDesign (curse you, Adobe!), then stuck it in Word, thence on to yours truly. Natch, when I exported it to HTML w/o using BD first, the nine gazillion spans came with it that were created by an imperfect InD export.

Having learned my lesson {sigh...AGAIN}, I'll just use BD's built-in macros to strip all the spans via the "clear all formatting" methodology, which allows me to tag the italics first, which is actually the big issue with "clear all." Yes, clearing the bloody stylesheet font embedding is maddening, but it's easier than cleaning up Sigil's attempts to "help me" with unfinished spans. Not Sigil's fault, but it did give me a few heart failures along the way.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote