View Single Post
Old 09-24-2010, 10:18 AM   #29
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellimak View Post
My favorite version of the Qur'an is the Muhammad Asad translation: The Message of the Qur'an. I have it in hardback, but it's also available online: http://www.islamicbulletin.com/free_...quran_asad.htm.

The hardback version of this translation is beautiful; it's full color with side-by-side transliteration as well as the original Arabic text. Beyond that, Asad provides really helpful, extensive context and commentary for most of the verses. While Asad's interpretation (because that's all any translation is, really) is certainly progressive, I believe it maintains the spirit of the original text quite well.
The HTML version is nice, and it would be no trouble to convert it to ePub, but it would be really great to have a version like the hardcover with the Arabic text, perhaps in an interlinear format. Anyone know of such an ebook?

(I'm looking for a good interlinear Bible, as well, preferably one with oldest known versions of the texts in Hebrew and Greek.... and heck, the Bhagavad Gita, and Buddhavacana, too, while I'm at it....)
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote