Thread: Classic Nook annotation database
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 08:09 PM   #4
thrawn_aj
quantum mechanic
thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook1, Samsung Transform, Nook2
Thanks for the reply bridgetostars .

Well, now I think that I sorta know where the annots are. Somewhere in the (hidden) "data" partition. See here - http://robotskirts.com/media/text/nookfslist.txt (it's a file listing from a rooted nook). I've tried a couple of things to try to mount the hidden ext3 partition but access is disabled by default (or so I deduced at least). When you softroot, you can use adb to access it.

I'm positive that digging through the files on there will easily uncover the annots. *sigh* I guess I'll wait for the upcoming update, see if it resolves the annotation problems. If not, it's time for a softroot and a headfirst dive into those beautiful looking files on the "data" partition .
thrawn_aj is offline   Reply With Quote