View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 12:03 PM   #5
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Azpen A727 tablet, Fujitsu Lifebook p2110 w/ FBReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by derrick_martin View Post
Thanks from me too; this saves me the hassle of having lots of small stories. I'd like to help if I can ever get some free time from reading stories!

Most of these stories I haven't read before, but of the three I recognise:

He Walked Around the Horses: sometimes considered to be a Paratime story (although it's not explicitly one, it could be interpreted as such)

Graveyard of Dreams: As DMcCunney mentions, it's a short version (very different ending though, I recommend reading both versions) of 'Cosmic Computer' so is a Terro-Human story
And looking again, "Rebel Raider" isn't SF at all. It's a fictionalized account of the doings of Colonel John S. Mosby, a Confederate States of America cavalry commander during the US Civil War, noted for what we would think of as guerrilla warfare tactics. (One of the bits of Mosby's practice that stuck in the public imagination was his refusal to carry a saber like most calvarymen. Instead, he carried two pistols, worn with the handles facing forward, so he could draw either gun with either hand from either side at need.)
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote