View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 06:08 AM   #15
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by mSSM View Post
As far as I understand it - the only real downside is the fact that the screen still uses up energy during transmissive mode (i.e. looking like e-ink), albeit very little.

I wonder what the battery duration would look like. If such a device lasts a day in "e-ink mode" (I know the term is not exactly correct), I would be perfectly content with it. Charging it once a day is not a bigge (over night?).
Quote:
Originally Posted by etienne66 View Post
My understanding is that in "e-ink mode" the Adam is supposed to last up to 160 hours.
Let's call it "reflective mode". You see...the screen reflects the light of outside sources in that mode, rather than transmitting or emitting its own light. It's not "e-ink" or really anything like E-Ink, except for being reflective, which LCDs have done for many years before E-Ink existed.

The 160-hour figure is rather ridiculous, and highly, highly unlikely even with good low-power boards. 160 hours in standby, which means the screen is off and the device is not actively in use, is possible.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote