View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 06:35 AM   #17
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
Oh, that works? I feel stupid now- somehow, that never occured to me.
You shouldn't feel stupid about not knowing about embedded syntax for flags/qualifiers - the amount of google searching I had to do to find the docs on this was ridiculous. They can be found, but only if you've already figured out the exact descriptive qualifiers used in the python documentation. It's not in the commonly linked python regex doc pages, which talk about using re.compile to pass flags, and re.compile isn't available to a normal Calibre end user.

That, and all the flags are specific to python, and for the most part your tutorial has been about generic regex behavior. Probably best to stay generic, though that may be debatable...