Potential Kindle Owner
I'm looking at buying a Kindle 3. We already have a Nook. I have a few questions:
1. Is there a way to sort books on the Kindle by tags, like a rooted Nook?
2. If there isn't, what is the best way to sort a collection of books that have over 2,000 titles and I would like them sorted by categories?
3. What is the actual storage size on the Kindle 3?
4. Does it really have a 30 day battery life? Or is that an inflated number?
5. I like to take notes while I read my books (they are mostly nonfiction). Note taking on the Nook is brutal. How is note taking and exporting those notes by book work on the Kindle 3?
6. What formats, exactly, will the Kindle 3 recognize?
7. Does only the PDF format allow landscape, or do other formats as well?
8. Do sideloaded books interact with Kindle purchased books, or are they managed separately?
9. What, if any, hacks are available for the Kindle 3? (kind of like rooting the Nook)