View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 12:23 PM   #62
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
It looks like that will do everything I've wanted it to do.
Next up - the scripting language:

Code:
If (contents of field1 are 'XXXX"):
    Change field2 to "YYYY-XXX"
<wink>
It is there, but you must use lisp in lambda notation.
Quote:
Actually, I have a question about the quoted portion for regular searching (not the new advanced S&R). AFAICT, all Search Box searches are now case insensitive. There are times when I want to do "Text mode -- case sensitive" searches. Is there a way to do that now? If not, it would be useful to have a switch or checkbox for the regex search box to not ignore case or just a simple pull down option hidden away in the Advanced Search dialog for "Text mode -- case sensitive".
For your consideration.
It took me a while to find out how to disable case-insensitive matching in the new S/R function. I was going crazy entering \G in a box, and having it become \g because I had entered that once before.

It wouldn't be hard to provide a tweak that would make all the history comboboxes case sensitive. It would be much more if a bother to do them individually. Boxes where it really should work one way or the other (like S/R) could set the behavior explicitly.

I have finished the latest effort and submitted it to Kovid. The attached screen shot shows what it looks like in regexp mode. In character mode the 'destination' line of controls goes away. You will see that I did not do general templates, but instead provide for explicit source and destination fields. Handing multiplicity was simply too hard in the template case.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard03.gif
Views:	224
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	58511  
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote