View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 11:20 PM   #11
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 and Fire
A similar question was asked about the Cybook at Baen's Bar (E-Book Reader, First Time in Conference thread). Since I can't work out how to link to it from their "improved" forum viewer (which is terrible - I may give up participating at Baen's Bar because it is so bad), here is the reply post by delphidb:
Quote:
Here's Laurent Picard's (Bookeen) response:

Hi Derek,

The display operating temperature range is 0..50 C (32..122 F).
The display storage temperature range is -25..70 C (-13..158 F).
This is a significantly better than standard LCD screens.
The battery charging temperature range is 0..40 C (32..104 F).
Below 41 F, batteries can present a shorter operating lifetime.

In a nutshell, though it can run outside this range, the recommended operating temperature range is 5..35 C (41..95 F).

I have personally used my Cybook last summer in the mountainside, under direct sunlight, with temperatures above 100 F over few days and it ran just fine.

Regards,

Laurent
I assume the screen specs will apply to all Vizplex screens, but the battery specs may be Cybook (or PVI reference design) specific.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote