View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 02:03 PM   #8
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
I'll try Atlantis again, I still have it here somewhere. Can I import .doc and export clean-ish html??
It converts everything to externally-styled xhtml. It also refactors the styling and separates it all out into paragraph and character-level styles, though if the styles are a mess in the source then that will carry over. Some character-level styles can be unnecessarily repeated, though it rips out all the needless system-level font and colour information. It's far easier than trying to clean up the disgusting html Word exports.

They still haven't fixed the incorrect method they use for doing page borders, though that's a lot easier to fix than the irritating embedded @page styles calibre uses. Internal margins and indents also need to be changed from points (or inches) to em, but that's a problem with the .doc format itself as much as with AWP. All automatic converters need some post-processing of the output, though for AWP this can all be done in the css, and most extraneous styles point to inappropriate styling that should be cleaned up in the Word file.
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote