View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010, 02:44 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizzy View Post
I have a slight confusion with Calibre regarding the 'language' field in eBook metadata. Specifically, I noticed that when I convert the books that I imported into calibre to read on my iPad, calibre overwrites the language field in ebook metadata to 'en'.

...~~~...

I don't mind setting the language for my books manually as long as it is in GUI. If it's command-line-only, however, it would be a nuisance.

So is there a way either to prevent calibre from overwriting a book's language metadata or to set the language during conversion?
Currently there isn't a way to prevent calibre setting the language in the book to the same as you are running in calibre.

When the iPad was introduced many folks requested the language metadata be inserted for the reason you stated. As a quick fix I believe calibre was set to insert the language metadata for the language you have calibre setup to use.

Kovid says choosing the language is on the todo list.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote