View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 06:29 PM   #6
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
I have a very similar question. I saw this thread so I thought I would just tack my question on to this.

If I want to replace a set of tags with another set, but the text in between the tags varies from instance to instance, with no definable pattern, and there are a hundred instances, how do I do that?

For example, I want to replace ...

<p class="calibre1">xyz text</p>

with ...

<blockquote class="calibre20">xyz text</blockquote>

I tried a wildcard search and was able to locate the first expression but wasn't able to figure out how to retain the text in between the tags when the tags were replaced.

Can someone help?
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote