Well we keep moving - not sure if it is forward or not but I think so.
I have included three screen shots. None of my authorities have an "x" in them. I don't know if that is a problem or not. I changed the .sh file only and that didn't solve the problem.
I tried the suggested ./ command and received some "not found" and some unusual messages. I did this from the Programs directory so it is possible that I wasn't in the right place to run the command. The outputs from this can be seen in .sh1 and .sh2.
One of my attachments shows the authorities before and after I made the change. The font in terminal emulation is extraordinarily tiny and the first character is hidden by the iRex frame.
The attachments .sh1 and .sh2 are the same screen. .sh2 simply shows one word that was chopped off the first one but, overall wasn't quite as clear.
Thanks everyone. Francois - I could only wish that I had another language anywhere close to your English. I took very basic French about three or four times before I decided that languages were obviously not my forte.