Thread: Accessories Reading Light for K3
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 12:16 PM   #4
OakIris
Addict
OakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
I'm just in the research stage as I haven't the money to purchase anything as yet, but I too am interested in book lights for the Kindle 3. I like the idea of the integrated lighted cover for the Kindle but sort of have my heart set on an Oberon leather cover - yeah, I know, so I'm planning to spend almost as much on a cover plus an after-market book light as I will spend on the Kindle 3 WiFi, but it's all play money right now anyway.

The Octovo Solis light looks nice but in this review it didn't do as well as the slightly cheaper Belkin light - http://blog.laptopmag.com/kindle-lig...s-octovo-solis - but that is only one review I checked. From what I have read the Octovo light is made specifically for the Kindle 2; the KIndle 3 is thinner than its predecessor so I don't think the light will fit. So far there is nothing on the Octovo site indicating that they are planning to make a book light for the Kindle 3.

I'm sure that someone here who actually has an after market book light for their Kindle 3 will post in this thread. Otherwise, maybe Amazon's lighted cover is indeed the way to go.

Holly
OakIris is offline   Reply With Quote