View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 07:57 AM   #10
GregS
Zealot
GregS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.GregS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.GregS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.GregS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ Reader 5", Iliad
I am very interested in the Iliad (biased because of cheapness towards the Sony) for school use (none are available in Australia).

The Iliad's pen could be a major asset in High School contexts (I am not talking of writing recognition, but graphics only) - does any one have experience in using it.

For instance, how fine can the "point be made" in practical terms, for clear writing that isn't scrawled all over the place?

What is it like to write with, too slippery, easy etc.,.?

How clear is the writing can someone post actual examples, from large print, to a small neat hand?

I have been looking and looking on the net for examples of the printed product of the pen, and have found none.

If students (bearing in mind their dreadful handwriting) could actually use this for writing, I can see this going far, or being adopted elsewhere. The Wifi and open architecture does offer possibilities of students writing and teachers receiving whereas paper goes astray (or is said to every time work is due).

I shudder at the idea that it would make students' handwriting any worse, but I think they have hit rock bottom already.

Basically could it be used as it is now for such a purpose?
GregS is offline   Reply With Quote