View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 09:51 PM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
What was left behind in the old library seems pretty random. In a few cases the folder, comments, and book were all left behind. In other cases an empty folder is all that's left. When I navigate to where Calibre used to be, I find 15 authors with 112 files in 84 folders. Some of these folders are empty. Others have a .jpg +/- book files. In a few cases, some formats of an ebook moved to the new location while other versions of the same ebook were left behind.
No, you did not do anything wrong. In theory the items left behind were not part of calibre's database according to the metadata.db file. That is to say that calibre moved everything its database currently understood to be part of its library.

I don't know why you had so much unclaimed stuff, I'm guessing this was your first library. Don't use explorer to just move the folders to the new location. None of the items left behind are known to calibre so if you need to add them back in to your library make sure you do it via the GUI.

The good news is after this you will have a clean database.