View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 10:38 AM   #26
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
ProfCrash,

Thanks again for your useful comments. In fact, none of this really applies to me. For me, it's not a legal or ethical issue. I don't want to share my wife's account simply because it would mean we'd both have to buy our books from the same place, which neither of us want.

I never said it wasn't OK to share an account. Rather, that I don't want to.

And, by the way, has this really got anything to do with marital status or family membership. I raised that issue when we were discussing DRM-stripping, not sharing an account.

Amazon says it OK to register several devices on the same account. They don't impose any restrictions on who owns the devices or how they are related. You and I and Harry T and JSWolf could all legally share an account if we wanted to.

I know my situation is slightly unusual. I expect most family members and married couples are only too pleased to be able to share.
OK. I was reading your posts with the thought that you didn't think you could share accounts and not that you just didn't want to share accounts.

I am envious though. I would love it if I could have a UK Kindle account in my house. I know that some books are cheaper in the UK and are available that are not in the US. I would be thrilled to have access to that store.

I guess I would have downloaded the book from her account since you could switch back to your other account. But you have decided on a total account split which works for you and that is all that matters.

My brother reads the account restrictions differently, he thought that it would violate Amazons terms of service for he and I to share an account. I was reasonably certain that it would be fine given. I do think I could share an account with a friend or who ever I want to trust my account to.

Enjoy the book, it is a good read. If you like the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo you will enjoy Girl Who PLayed With Fire.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote