View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 01:12 AM   #3
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldberry View Post
Can someone tell me how to set up collections using Calibre.

From reading I thought you just edited meta and put the collection name as a tag. That didn't work
1. Use only Calibre or the Sony Library software. Mixing the two never works.

2. Try reformatting your Sony Reader memory or card where the books are and then using Calibre to add the books onto the reader. Now the metadata tags should show up as collections

3. Make sure you have all your preferences sorted in Calibre
a. check the "sending to device" preference panel to make sure Calibre automatically manages the metadata
b. check the "advanced" prefs and look at your "plugin" for the Sony Reader - click on customize and look to see if "tags" is a value in the area to make collections on the device.
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote