View Single Post
Old 10-27-2004, 06:20 AM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
To good to be true: Sony Librie finally cracked!

It seems someone has finally made it. I am not talking about cracking the restrictive DRM e-books Sony is trying to sell. I am talking about converting your own e-books and reading them on the Librie. How wonderful does that sound?

Someone named 'scythic' was able to convert HG Wells' The Time Machine from text to LRF (Librie's book format without the DRM). Even better, he uploaded the Windows binary and source code for the conversion tool as well (not GPL though). There are still a few issues to be solved, such as pagination and formatting, but the core work has been done: the Sony Librie has been cracked!

Now could someone be so cool and send me a Librie to the States? I know a lot of you guys have partial feelings for a dedicated e-book hardware reader, but I'd be happy if I personally owned one

Btw, I also attached the conversion tool to this thread.
Attached Files
File Type: zip txt2lrf0.zip (30.1 KB, 1047 views)
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote