View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 01:25 PM   #31
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrumhalf View Post
I'm a newbie, a mechanical engineer, not a software engineer. Much of this thread is beyond me, but I do have three questions about using calibre with XP Pro. 1 - How do I delete files from the reader as pressing delete only deletes the file name.
If you double click, it allows you to edit a title. If you then hit delete, it removes the title. Instead of double click, single click. That selects the book. Then hit delete to remove the book. There are right click and menu options, too.

Quote:
2 - How do I import MP3 audio files.
You don't. Calibre handles e-books, not music. (You could force it to handle them, but it's not worth it.)
Quote:
3 - How do I arrange the files by file type and or file name.
Calibre is based upon books, not file types or file names. The books are in the library, and when they were put there, they received a filename selected by Calibre. You control the filename when exporting the book from the library, but not until then. If what you want is to see the formats you have available, you can select the tag browser, select the format list and click the desired format. Calibre will then show you only books that have the selected format.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote